Want to look and feel better? Try going plant based or vegan! Start slow and see how you feel, even a few days of week of not eating animal products may have positive benefits. Cut out the processed foods and animal products to see results that many pay thousands of dollars for that are usually just temporary. Following a doctor-approved exercise routine along with plant based diet often gets better results.
- Weight Loss. By cutting down on calories from saturated and other sources of fat you can lose weight. Fill up instead on vegetables, whole grains and fruit.
- More Energy. I have experienced this myself, a huge increase in energy, improving my ability to function at my full time job and take care of my family.
- Better Skin. Many vegans just glow with health. All of the increased consumption in vegetables and fruits can be anti-inflammatory. I have had so many compliments on my skin since going vegan and have experienced a drastic decrease in breakouts.
- Decreased body odor. Meat and other animal products have compounds in them that when digested can be difficult for your body to eliminate. Many people find going vegan means a decrease in body odor. Havlicek, Jan and Pavlina Lenochova “The Effect of Meat Consumption on Body Odor Attractiveness” Chemical Senses Volume 31, Issue 8 Pp. 747-752
- Better health. A recent study conducted by the Preventive Medicine Research Institute and the University of California, San Francisco, found that healthy lifestyle choices, such as eating a primarily plant-based diet, can help rejuvenate cells and can lead to less illness and disease.
- Improved Mood. Although Omega 3s are known to improve mood, when one’s diet is high in Omega 6s(present in red meat) just taking fish oil will not counteract the effects of the high Omega 6 intake. There are plenty of vegan Omega 3 sources available including flax seed oil. A study by Beezhold includes that the high anti-oxidant content of diets not including meat might also have a protective effect by reducing oxidative stress that can decrease mood. biomedcentral.com/content/pdf/1475-2891-9-26.pdf
- Better Hair. Eating Vegan diet that includes foods such as avocados, chia seeds, almonds, kale, cucumbers, acai, almond milk, walnuts and tahini can help improve hair health. These and other plant foods are high in micronutrients and fatty acids that can help increase the health of hair. http://www.onegreenplanet.org/vegan-food/plant-based-foods-that-make-your-hair-gorgeous/
- Less allergies. This has been another improvement I have personally experienced. No more seasonal allergies! It has been amazing! During an allergic reaction a chemical called leuko triene is released. The presence of arachidonic acid which is a fatty acid found exclusively in animal products can influence the production of leukotrienes.
- Decreased PMS. Eating a vegan diet can help decrease the levels of estrogen in a woman’s body. If meat is eliminated, fat is limited; the diet consists of high-fiber vegetables, fruits and whole grains PMS symptoms can be improved. This comes about due to fibers ability to bind and help dispose of excess estrogen. There is no fiber in animal products and if a woman’s diet is low in plants this can result in increased estrogen and PMS symptoms.Another amazing benefit-I no longer have any PMS and it’s life as usual month after month. No more debilitating PMS symptoms!
- Improved exercise performance and recovery. During exercise oxidative stress and inflammation is increased. Plant foods, especially dark green leafy vegetables contain high levels of antioxidants that and help reduce oxidative stress and inflammation.
Disclaimer: This information does not guarantee success and the results may vary.